Problem writing backup dvd;s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a problem writing backup dvds
When i put in a empty dvd my computer doesn't regonize it, it just says that there's no cd.

plz help

Welcome to Techspot.

There are a lot of things that can do that.However, we need a bit more information;
Fill in the hardware specs on your computer in "your Profile"
Tell us what O/S and writing software you are using ,include version.
Write any error messages you may receive.
whether you always had the problem or is software new.

You will get a lot more help,faster!

Mij o/s is windows XP home edition, and i always had the problem, the new computer is only about 5 months old.
It's a _nec DVD+RW ND-2100AD burner (dell computer)
And the burning program is SONIC but i also installed NERO.

And i don't really get a message but when i put in a empty dvd to write, it just says 'put in a empty disc' :confused:

You think you can help me??

biggyboy said:
Mij o/s is windows XP home edition, and i always had the problem, the new computer is only about 5 months old.

And i don't really get a message but when i put in a empty dvd to write, it just says 'put in a empty disc' :confused:

Take it back it`s still under warranty. You should not have been having this problem from day one.

Regards Howard
:grinthumb

BTW hello and welcome to Techspot.

biggyboy said:

The first thing you must do is delete one of those programs . I personally use Nero , but it doesn't matter Authoring software will not play together well.
In fact you should make sure you clean all files out of your registry etc. Nero has cleaning utilites just for this purpose.
Check their website for conflicting software issues.
Also make sure you have the latest firmware version for your Writer installed . Do this before you re-instaall either software.
Once you decide which one get back to us with the version and brand you kept& if your still having any problems.

biggyboy said:

:) It is too complex.I don't think I can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back