Problems charging the battery

By golden
Oct 14, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guy

I have a HI GRADE SADP-65KBC , and it only working off the battery at the moment, the Jack socket is not lose, I am using the right charger, and do not know what wrong with it it just will not charge the battery

Help:dead:

kind regards
    Golden
  2. magichater

magichater Newcomer, in training

hi well seems to me that there's a problem with one of these components here as one has to be faulty, i would check another adapter first before assuming that its the jack socket as its either one or the other.
  3. golden

golden Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 79

All checks have been carried out

HI

thanks for you replay:approve: it a now battery and charger for this make of laptop, I think it could be a power problem on the MOB?
  4. magichater

magichater Newcomer, in training

yip sounds like it to me, but maybe somebody else thinks different anybody else have any ideas?
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

What actually happens when you take the battery out, and just have the adaptor in?
    Does it power up?
    It could be a faulty battery
  6. golden

Thanks Guys,

I was that tired, i for got to mention it dose not work with just the power adapter it only powers up with the battery!
  7. kimsland

I have seen a broken solder connection on the Mobo before
    But to prove this the entire Mobo must come out !
    Otherwise test with yet another power adaptor. Actually many local computer tech shops (not the big retail stores though) carry different charges (voltages and plugs) for different laptops. Maybe ask if they could try one on your computer (I would :) )
  8. golden

Hi thanks Guys,

I have spoken to the person I brought the laptop from he said it dose power up! with the original charger! when I brought it did not come with the original adapter, am using a universal charger!
  9. kimsland

Original post:-
    I see :confused:

Well the more information you originally say the easier it is to support you, with correct information.

From what I now read
    You are best to get/or purchase, the original charger.
  10. golden

Thanks once again guys

Dose any body know where i can get the right charger for this model? I seached high and low
  11. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

you need to shop around on the net or contact the manufacturer.
  12. golden

still unable to charge the battery

I managed to buy a new adapter for this model laptop, and unfortunately still is unable to charge the battery or power up from the adapter is there any more test I can do?
  13. kimsland

Obviously it doesn't !

Can you contact this original person back? And speak to him again?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.