Problems Deleting Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having some kind of problem and I could sure use some help. I recently upgraded to Vista from WinXP. I had the same problem then as I do now. And that is, I have a folder that shows up in windows explorer that I cannot delete. There is nothing in the folder to delete. I even turned on the show all system files. When I click on the folder I get c:\x\xx refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, etc. I am logged on as administrator. I have even searched for the folder in Registry and nothing found. Thanks

Tried that and no luck. But since my post, I d/l a utility called delete invalid file and it worked without any problems. Thanks.

I might have recommended chkdsk. This could be a file system issue.
  • Start > Run
  • Type chkdsk /f
  • *If your problem is with another drive other than C:, you can specify the drive letter like so chkdsk D: /f
  • Key [Enter]
  • A black screen will appear that asks you if you'd like to run chkdsk upon your next restart.
  • Type Y
  • Key [Enter]
  • Restart your computer.
With any luck, chkdsk will fun a full check of your file system and fix whatever file system issue may be responsible... if this is indeed a fs issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back