Problems installing .NET 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, could someone help me please?
I tried to download the Sky player software so I could watch something I'd missed.
The installer then told me I had to download and install Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for the player to be installed. It downloaded the installation exe and ran it. It gets halfway through and I get this error :

Error 25015. Failed to install assembly 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll' because of system error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

It then uninstalls everything it just did and quits. The sky player won't install without this. I then tried downloading the .NET 2.0 software directly from Microsoft and installing it, and get the same message. I tried to rename the file it mentions so that it wouldn't be used but this didn't work either.
I then downloaded and tried to install the windows installer 3.0 from the website (apparently this would help install .NET). This then told me that the installer that I was trying to install was an earlier version than the one I already had and wouldn't install!
How do I sort this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back