Problems On a AMD64 System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Maybe some of you guys had similar problems and i would like to know what does them. Let me explain :

My System:
CPU : AMD ATHLON64 3000+ 1800 MHZ SOCKET 939
MB : ASUS A8V
RAM : GeiL Value 1024 MB Dual
HDD : Quantum Fireball 20 GB and Maxtor 40 GB ( don't know exact model )
VIDEO CARD : PALIT DAYTONA ATi Radeon 9550 / 128 MB 8x
or
ASUS Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 / 128 MB 8x
POWER SOURCE : 400 W
CD-ROM : Sony CD-RW 24x/10x/40x
also a TV Tuner and a network card
------------------------------------------------------------

My problem:

The computer keeps randomly restarting . If i'm working on it or playing a game , BOOM restart , with no warning , no error , nothing , it just restarts.
Pls maybe any of you had this problem , but pls maybe you know a " cure " :D. I've checked temps. , temps. are OK on CPU, MB , HDD's , all.

Thanks in advance for your help , and i'm waiting for your answers.

IronCore.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you right click on my computer, and select properties, and then the advanced tab. Under startup and recovery click on settings, and untick the box that says automatically restart. Click apply/ok.

Now instead of your computer restarting when there`s an error, you should receive an error message(bsod) telling you what caused the error.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

If you don`t understand the stop message, you can find a list of Windows stop messages HERE.

Not all but many stop errors are caused by faulty ram. You can download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

This will check your ram for any errors.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Solved IT

Hello,

Memtest86+ solved it :D , found that one of my 512 Ram blocks had errors.

Now i'm going to send it back to the retailer and hope to be lucky with my next one :D.

Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back