problems playing dvd copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone im hoping somone might be able to shed some light on this for me, ive downloaded a few films in avi format and burnt them off using
convetXtodvd on to dvd+r 4.7gb disks the films all play on one of my players but only some play on the xbox 360 and my other dvd player
im using the same disks and software on everyone but cant understand why some will play while others wont
ive tried lots of converters like nero 7 ,winavi etc with the same results
can anyone help :D

My Pioneer DV-444S won't play discs made with that ConvertXtoDVD. It will play them from Nero, Sony DVD Architect and Cyberlink DVD Suite. I think that these programs follow the specifications more accurately.

If the 360 has trouble reading them, it may be a problem with compatibility between your DVD-R drive and the DVD-ROM in the 360.

Also try some different branded discs, I've been quite lucky - in that non-branded discs have worked almost every time for me.

thanks ive tried nero 7 and that was no better ive also tried about 8 different brands of disks i just cant understand why some play and some dont keep thinking its something to do with the format they were originally which is supposed to of been avi but once its converted to dvd they should run the same shouldn't they? gonna give that cyber link a try see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back