TechSpot

Problems regarding Firefox flash videos

By speedy45
Jan 5, 2010
  1. When I try to watch any flash video on Firefox, I can' hear the sound at all. Also I upgrade my speakers from 2.1 Logitech to 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers, just to let you know that my 2.1 Logitech speakers works fine on watching flash videos, & of course I can hear sound from everything except watching flash videos, so why when I upgrade to 5.1 Surround Speakers is this happening?

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

You should have 2 speaker jacks on your PC (I'm assuming this is on a desktop? )
    Try plugging the speakers into the other jack. I've come across a situation similar to that before and that did the trick.

3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,406   +1,747

Make sure you have the front speakers plugged into the same jacks as the 2 channel speakers were. If you want true 5/1 channel sound, (5 outputs + the sub), you have to open your audio program's control panel and make sure that your PC's jacks are "retasked" correctly.

4. speedy45

speedy45 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 74

well in my audio program control panel, my green port is select for Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, my blue port select for Real Speaker Out, & my pink port is select for Front Speaker Out, so is this correct or should I change it?

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,406   +1,747

What jack were the front speakers (2.1 set) plugged into in the first place?

6. speedy45

well the green one of course

7. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

Just a thought...
    Have you attempted switching to other jacks?
    You should be using the pink or blue.

8. speedy45

well I switch the black & orange and the green is in the same place.
    also just a note I have only orange, green blue for my 5.1 Speakers & the same for my computer onboard sound.

9. speedy45

well please closed this thread because I solve it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.