Problems shutting down, restarting and sleeping

meganjonez

Hi,
last week I purchased a new computer - (Medion Akoya All in One P4011D)

It was running smoothly until I noticed that when I put the computer to sleep it wouldn't sleep.
I tried to wake it but it was frozen on a black screen - I restarted the computer and used it until I was done. After I was finished I restarted the computer as the webcam was now playing up and not recognized. The restart, failed and took AGES to turn off. When it finally did restart the following message appeared saying a blue screen error had occurred causing an unexpected shutdown.

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\122210-23275-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jones\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70496-0.sysdata.xml

Shut Down also has problems and doesn't shut down correctly and takes forever or sometimes just gets stuck on the 'Shutting Down' screen for hours!

Another thing that is failing to work on this computer is the System Restore, it is constantly coming up with a 'Critical Error' - I have tried various restore points and I keep on receiving the same response - System restore failed - Critical Error .

Any help would be appreciated,
thanks

If you installed anything new or added any new hardware that might be the culprit, otherwise the computer should not have problems out of the box.

I would return it and have them give you a new one. If the new one has same problems, go to a different brand.

Hi,
Thanks fr replying.
The only things I've downloaded are:
Kaspersky Internet security & spotify so I don't think that could've caused it?

Thanks I will try and take it back after Christmas then

It always could be some kind of virus or malware, but usually you'd be experiencing some other problems as well. What OS are you using BTW?

Well back up your documents (burn them on a disk in case there is some infection) in any case.

Did the system come with a restore disk or partition?

well tbh I don't have any documents to back up. Will the partition most likely have all of the original software an drivers ?

I'm not sure about this particular company, but most restore partitions contain an image of the system as it came with your computer.

So in theory your computer should be restored to the state it was when you first turned it on.

Well i've just took a prnt screen of the folder and it looks like it has all of the required drivers etc, Just wondering if I do this reckon it might void my warranty?

f3xqns.png

It shouldn't, but that's an answer based on no actual facts on my part. =)

Just to be sure, contact tech support, tell them the problem, and ask them if its ok for you to use the restore partition, and if they say yes, they can probably walk you through it. If they tell you something else, or ask you just to send it in, then I'd probably follow their instructions. Some companies are weird about warranties, and while restoring the computer to out of the box condition shouldn't void any warranties, better safe than sorry.

Back