Problems when trying to install XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, heres my problem.... currently have windows Xp x64 and im tired of it i cant update or nothing i baught the windows xp proffesional Cd and would like to install it buuuuuut when the menu appears the "install windows" is grayed out.. so i Restarted my Comp with the Cd in. but when it gets to the select to install windows Cd it sais no previous version of windows is installed and it doestn Read my Cd????/ help!

Help in the TechSpot forums is given on a first come/first served basis by member who volunteer their time.

We ask that you be patient. A 3 hour time span is not untimely.

The first question the raises the flag is why can you no longer update? Do you still have the x64 CD? Is the XP pro CD an upgrade? (which is what it sounds like).
Aside from that, you need to tell us the type of computer, how old, specs, and maybe a little history would help too :)

Sorry about that im just like aaaaaaaaah ok um the computers spec are

Compaq presario SR50ONYX
Nvidia 8600gt
AMD athlon x64 at 2.4ghz
2g ram
and Th OS is Windows Xp x 64 bit professional and the Pc is about 1 and half old
and no i do not have the Cd

Thanks for the specs, but you still need to tell us why you can't update. Wha happened to cause that? Do you have any security software on your PC? If your XP pro CD is an 'upgrade' version, it won't work x64 to xp pro is a 'downgrade'. The more info you can give, the better chance you have of getting help:)
We can guess our way around by assuming, but the end result is a waste of everyone's time. That's why the history is also important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back