Problems With booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just built a 1.8 Ghz system with a K7S5A Motherboard. I am trying to install windows on it but I'm having lots of problems.
When I try to put the boot disk in it says: Searching For Boot Record From Floppy..Not Found and does the same thing for both the cd drive and ide. Any suggestions on how to get it to work?
Please E-mail me at ElastoMania@aol.com

Have you gone into your BIOS and made sure that it checks your floppy and CD rom drive on start up? I have experienced this problem in the past, I can't remember exactly what I did, but I know it was pretty simple; you shouldn't have any problems sorting this out. BTW, don't go looking for the exact words that I said as I am sure there won't be anything of the sort, but anything along those lines should have some effect on your situation. Good Luck :grinthumb !

Are you trying to boot from a floppy or CD? After checking BIOS settings as mentioned above, you might want to try another bootable disk, maybe an old DOS floppy or something, or test your boot disk in another machine to see if it may be the problem. If you need a boot disk, check www.bootdisk.com.

I finally got it to work. The problem was I had the floppy drive cable connected the wrong way. Now it works great and i have installed windows 98 on it. Anybody want to buy it?? NEW COMPUTER FOR SALE-http://www.geocities.com/computer78726/
I'm putting new pics up soon. Check it out and if you want to buy it E-mail me at ElastoMania@aol.com (i can go down some on the price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back