Problems with cooling fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Dell desktop and we turned it on and the fan just keeps going...actually it sounds like an airplane, it contiually speeds up and wont stop.....does anyone have any ideas....

Thanks
Kris

Whats the laptop like for dust? IF there is any form of dust or dirt etc in the fan then its probably overheating. Try cleaning it with compressed air.

Also if you feel up to it download SpeedFan and then follow the guide here for info on how to set it up

Then if all goes well post back with the temperatures its giving you

Tmagic650

I would take it in for repair, but I am a single disabled mother of 4 kids and the funds are just not available, so I am trying to take care of this myself....:(

rev_olie

The problem that I am having is on a desktop not a laptop, none the less, it is not full of dust...it is all clean....I will try to get the computer on and go to speed fan , I just havent left it on long enough because the fan sounds like its really for take off and keep sounding like it is increasing in speed....I just dont know what else to do....Maybe i should just give up on it for now..

Kris

Well i persumed it was a desktop but i must admit the wording as wrong using laptop instead of desktop haha,

Anyhow with the extremes you are talking about i would reall take it in for repair. Heat is a very big problem so using the laptop as little as possible will be the best idea. ITs something that requires more research into as in mean physical so if you can i would take it into a repair shop...sorry i cant be of more help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back