Problems with downloading a file from Yahoo games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday i bought a Game called Medieval 2 total war gold edtion from Yahoogames.com.
And the first downloading part was fine the game got to 100% and everything was a bliss, when i got in to the Installation prosses itself the game suddenly say that it was missing a file and i hade to download it, well of course i press "yes" so i could, download it.
But here start my problems the download it self never get over around 10-30% before it says "Download failed, you might not be connected to the internet" and this happens while i am playing a MMorpg+ surfing the net.
Kinda don't know what the problem might be, the error occurs also when you just leave the download alone over night.

What file are you downloading? A game CD should have come with everything, except possibly any updates to that game.

Was it installed from the game CD?

Are you using some type of download manager? (ie torrent downloader)

You are using high speed Internet access?

Maybe run CCleaner (to remove all temp files) on your system
http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup209.exe

And stop any other programs running in the background (ie your game) first

The file that the installer is downloading is called : \M2TW\medievalIItotalwar_mov.001

This game was bought from the internett and downloaded from there so there is no Physical CD.

Wizard installer is downloading the file with some kinda program i havent seen before

I am currently running a 4000/8000 line.

i will try to run the Cleaner to check if that might be the problem :p you never know.

as i said the Game doesnt seem to be the problem cause the Download was downloading all night while i was sleeping and the computer was pretty much just used for the downloading.

I just recently bought the gold edition of that game through trymedia.com, I downloaded the game, and am having the same exact problem as you are, except that they sent me the files to my e-mail that I need to download, there are 3. My problem is I have downloaded these files through the e-mail they sent me but the games installer still says that I need to download those files. I am confused and Irritated.

The email links that you downloaded were probably not the game, but just the downloader program to allow you to download the game
Adobe has a similar way of downloading their large program too

It's not possible to recieve this game in full via email ;)

I understand that those files were not the game, the problem is that the installer will not continue to run until those files are downloaded, and even though I have downloaded them it will not run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back