TechSpot

Problems with firefox

By jcshad
Dec 5, 2006
  1. I have been having an issue with Firefox where on some websites set types of pictures will now show up... For example on facebook.com profile pictures will not show up and on flickr.com no pictures show up. If anybody has ever had this problem or can point me in the right direction to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 757

nope.

Do you have the right extensions to view these items? Flash player,etc.....

3. jcshad

jcshad TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah I do. I used to be able to view the pictures but at one point they stopped showing up... they're just image files

4. smore9648

Did you right click on the image and choose the "show image file"

Change your settings to Default and see if it helps also

5. jcshad

can't even click it. I can go to the page source and then view the images by copy-pasting the image source into a new window... but it just won't show up in the normal page. I think its something that might be fixed if I just clear the entire firefox cache... but I have no idea how to do that...

6. smore9648

Tools, options, security, clear cache

7. jcshad

not there... what version of firefox are you running? Mine's 2.0

8. blondie56

blondie56 TS Rookie Posts: 24

Go to tools> clear private data then make sure cache has a checkmark in front of it> then clear private data.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.