Problems with HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx entertainment notebook

My HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx Entertainment Notebook PC goes to blank display frequently during working on the same. It is having Vista Home Premium Edition installed. The only indication at that time is the blinking of the POWER ON button. When we press space bar or Enter key, it tries to load to the original condition and after getting the previous screen loaded for few seconds, it goes back to the blank state with POWER ON button blinking. If I put some light from torch or something on the display, sometimes I can see the screen loaded. In such cases of sleep activity, the CTRL+ALT+DEL won't work, pressing continuously on the POWER ON button won't work (in order to shutdown) and I had to remove the battery to start the Notebook again !!!

So after searching the internet for the same kind of issues, I re-installed my OS from Vista to Windows 7 32 bit, and I installed some of the drivers from the HP Site corresponding to my Note Book (HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx Entertainment Notebook PC) and Windows 7 32 Bit OS. After that also, it is going to the blank state but returns immediately by showing a message as "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered". So when I checked this in HP site, as as per that I updated the Intel Graphics driver for the chip set corresponding to my Note Book and Windows 7 32 Bit OS. In that case also, the volume control display on the screen was not showing anything while increasing/decreasing the volume, but it is working as normal without any display.

Again based on the search in HP Site, I reinstalled my BIOS from HP F55 to Insyde Flash F66. After that when I press "F8" while booting the machine, I'm not getting the options such as Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Restore Last known Good configuration etc..I'm getting a red screen with some other options containing some different technical terms. Is it because of the wrong BIOS updating or something else? If it is related to BIOS, can I downgrade from F66 to F55? Or is there any other way to get the above mentioned options such as "Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Restore Last known Good configuration etc..." same as pressing the F8 button ?

Expecting the support in this matter.

It's been more than 2 year old Notebook.

Now there is no issue with the working after installing the Graphics driver and BIOS from HP Website.

My concern is that after that BIOS update, there is no option like Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last known Good Configuration etc. when we press F8 while booting the machine. How can I get that option back?

Back