Problems with installing a GTX 460

So i just got this new zotac gtx460 card and i', having some problems with my monitor not displaying anything.

I thinks it's either 1 of 2 problems,

Firstly the card itself, either drivers are wrong or damage (Which is very unlikly)
or
Secondly some issuse with my monitor, I have a acer p193w and been using a VGA cable with my old gtx8500 card, but this new card only uses DVI, i'm using an adaptor which came with it but no joy. I tryed using the adaptor with the old card with its DVI output and that didn't work either.

Other possablities might be motherboard/ram/power supply but i doubt it, as they are all quite new.

If anyone could give any advice i would be very gratefull, sorry if i'm unclear, just ask for any other specs which might be helpful.
R

I'll take a shot. Did you plug in the two PCI-E power connectors on the card?

BTW, please do not start duplicate threads.

Heya,
Yes i having been usin ght etwo PCI E connectors, but that hasn't helped either. It does make a lot noise thro when i do plug them in from the fan.

Since old card does not work with the dvi adapter, that would be my first suspect. Either see if a friend has a system you can try adapter on, or better yet, get a new adapter.

Why do you say it is unlikely that drivers are wrong or damaged? Did you download the latest drivers from the manufacturer?

Please provide info on PSU - make, model, total wattage, and amps on 12v leg

How noisy does the fan get? If it is over 55 decibels and with, presumably, system mostly at idle, then there may be some issue with the card. Note that the Zoatac brand seems to have cards that are more noisy then other GTX 460 cards - see this review:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3809/nvidias-geforce-gtx-460-the-200-king/17

Note that 60 decibels is the level of normal conversation - so the 50 for the Zoatac card at idel is not a whole lot less.

Exactly what kind of noise are we talking about? High speed fan noise, squeaky fan noise, bad bearing fan noise, etc.?

I got it working now, it was the connector which was the problem, Thanks rockyjohns and thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.
:)

Back