Problems with Iomega DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordx

Hi all!
I want to report a problem with my Iomega dvd-writer dual format 12x(it can write dvd at

12x)
PROBLEM : The dvd drive can write without problems any kind of media buc it cannot read the

dvd's which it write(doesn't matter if it's dvd-/+r)

Initially I test it on a 800MHz AMD Duron Pc and I've tried to change the main board

,memory(sdram,ddr),video card, everything without changing the processor.I also tried to

flash the firmware version without results.No one from IOMEGA cannot help me.
After that I've tried to put jumper on the testing area of the drive's back

side...Bingo!The drive starts to read some dvd's ....but ....not all of them!NOT BINGO!!!

SOLTION :After I changed my processor from AMD Duron800MHz to AMD Sempron 2600+ (~1833MHz)
EVERYTHING it works PERFECT.....

So I write this in order to help other people which might have the same problem.

®Lordx®...LordXdeSIGn

It always pays to read the "Minimum requirements for new components especially the software.
E.G. Nero recommends Pent IV 1.6 Ghz for DVD authoring/ movie editing ,best performance.

No dude.....

My CPU is not software dude and reading a dvd is not like authoring a dvd movie ....

lordx said:
My CPU is not software dude and reading a dvd is not like authoring a dvd movie ....

Oh yes Dude; check out this page.
http://www.nero.com/us/Reloaded_System_Requirements.html

The first requirements suggested are" Hardware"
Just for writing a Pent 4 -500 Mhz is mentioned ,I don't know how that conpares to an 800 AMD ,but they must be close.At any rate , as you found out with your hardware " Upgrade".
It is always better to have more than the minimum.
That is the point I was making.

:)
Chill out please.....I've been told you that i cannot read dvd's with my iomega dvdrw on a system with my old amd 800mhz thats all.....But the disk is working very well with the same processor but differend dvd drive
:p
So the making dvd process is ok but reading in not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back