Problems with McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkni75

I bought McAfee virusscan 2006 last year of course and my subscription has run out and Im not resubscribing it. Since yesterday a reminder keeps popping up on the screen saying "Some Mcafee Security Center components might not have been installed or launched properly. Restart your computer to fix this. If this message appears again restart, please reinstall Mcafee Security Center." So i restarted the computer and I tried to remove the Mcafee but could not. I went to control panel - add/ remove programs- mcafee virusscan. The pop up said that Mcafee Virusscan is running. Please close all instances of this application running and retry unistalling Mcafee virusscan but I wasn’t running Mcafee at that time. Then I tried to unistall the Mcafee security Center and that said " In order to unistall Mcafee Security Center, you need to unistall all Mcafee services first. My computer is a Dell Dimension 3000- i use windows xp- I have spybot and avg on my computer. It’s a Pentium 4 cpu is 2.80 ghz and 512 Mb of ram. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the Mcafee?

try using crap cleaner removal. Also no need to pay for antivirus software. There are plenty of FREE and LEGAL anti-virus products out there.

As well as free firewalls too. Comodo and Zone Alarm to name two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back