Problems with Modem/Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I was just having some problems with my internet connection and was wondering if anybody could help me pinpoint the problem. I have a 56k dial modem (Dell Data Fax Modem) and I'm pretty sure I have the most current drivers for it. Whenever I connect to my ISP, the connection is fine, but then after about an hour time-span, the line goes dead. No data is sent between my computer and my ISP, and then it disconnects. Now this wouldn't be such a pain if I didn't play WoW all the time. I could be in the middle of the game, and then my connection goes dead, and its such a pain minimizing the game, reconnecting, then logging back in.
Now the ***** thing about this is, it seems to do it in a pattern. My internet always goes 'dead-link' after about an hour time-span, I reconnect, and hour later, same thing happens.
I called my ISP and they said they've never heard anything like that before and just told me to make sure my drivers were all the way updated and maybe check with my phone company to see if it could be a problem with the line.

What do you guys think? Does that sound like it could be a modem problem. I doubt it has anything to do with the phoneline, but I could be wrong.
Any help on this would be greatly appriciated.

i would try to find the drivers for the device firstly then ninstall the device then reinstall it . if it continues i would contact ur phone company .

connection problem

I have found that many telecom providers worldwide offer telphone services at cheaper rates by limiting the call time to 59 mins. Most people will have no problem re-dialling as it is cheaper. might be best to contact phone company to see if this applies to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back