problems with my desktop background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to any one!
I am having prolems with my desktop background after i got rid of all spyware
stuff,i had the red screen with danger on etc .,now its all running great accept the desktop background wont work at all.Its one colour and wont take any pictures.
When you click to put a picture in nothing happens and the the little window
called (position) is darkened.
Has any one any ideas?i dont want to reboot c drive again!
cheers davey

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Right click the desktop and select properties/desktop/customize desktop/web

Untick any web pages and untick lock desktop. Click apply/ok etc.

Let us know if that helps.

Also, are you 100% certain you`ve got rid of all malware?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for replying,I am new on forums but felt I had to join one because of this problem.
I tried what you said but still the same,i also had a try with Regedit.exe but still nothing,can i take a file from my ex disc and paste it in somwhere to solve the problem?be grateful for any more help you can spare,
cheers davey

And Howard
I have so many programs i cant really afford to re-boot again,help!

I suspect, your system is still infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of davey_bassman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back