TechSpot

Problems with my graphic card

By ZaMonk
Nov 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hey

I have a problem with my graphic card,it started while i was playing LoL(league of legends).i was just playing and the screen just froze, and didnt respodn to any command (CTRL+ALT+ESC, ALT+TAB) so i had to restart my lap manually. after booting, i entered the game again, and same thing, after like 5 min of playing the screen froze up again.I tried for like another 2 times and after i left it like that and said i'll fix it the next day.the thing is next day when i started my lap when it was about to log in to windows, blue screen.tried again and same story. Finally reinstalled my windows,but after i installed the graphic card driver and restart the laptop, same problem. entered safe mod uninstall it and instaled the older driver , the one that came with the laptop ( forgot to mention that i installed a newer driver a couple of weeks ago), with the older driver, it entered windows, but jammed soon after. any ideas?

my speks:
    Intel Cord2 duo 1.83GHz
    nVida GeForce 8400GS m
    Windows 7, now Windows Vista (the first one was 7)

Thanks
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Could be:
    Heat
    Virus
    Driver issue
    Hard drive
    Windows environment messed up.

Hard to say what is it, try to eliminate each one of those as a possibility.
  3. ZaMonk

ZaMonk Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

well it cant be virus, nor driver or windows, bc, i reinstalled my windows 3 times(every time totally erasing my HDD) and i instaled 3 diferent divers, how should a laptop with a fired graphic cards behave?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.