Problems with Nerovision Express to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm new to this but willing to learn!

I'm wanting to copy my VHS tapes/analogue video camera to DVD. I bought AverTV to capture the video into mpg files which seemed to go okay. I authored the DVD movie in Nerovision Express 2 with about 2gb onto a 4.7gb DVD without issue. Then I authored a second DVD movie with 3.5gb but about 20-30 minutes before transcoding is due to end, the whole thing (Nero) just shuts down without warning!! This has happened three times now and I am frustrated! Don't know what's wrong. It doesn't even seem to get to the burning of disc process. The only difference to the first DVD I can see (apart from size) is that when I captured the video the second time, I did so in DVD highest quality. The first time was simply mpg quality, rather poor when you watch it on the TV. Our computer is 7 months old, 80gb with about 57gb free space left.

I cannot venture further until this is sorted out. Someone please help me!! :knock:

download and apply the latest patch for your nero software. does the problem occurr when any dvd is burned (data for example) or does the program fail only whilst burning said dvd movies?

Thanks Zephead, I did as you said, downloaded Nero 6 update from the website, installed it and hey presto!! My second DVD movie burned and worked on the TV. Thank you so much. :haha:

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Yes, the failure was occuring only when I was working in Nerovision Express 2, we use DVD Decrypter & DVD shrink for burning other DVDs. Thanks again. Now I can press on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back