Problems with Nvidia driver download for Timeshift

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello friends
i just brought timeshift and on starting the game on my laptop i got message saying
incompatible video driver (15.10.9815)
timeshift will not run optimally. on continuing the game there very frequent crashes

[i must disclose my laptop configuration, 4gb ram, centrino duo, with windows vista 32 bit and nvidia geforce go 7600. it is a HP dv 9000 series pc]

the message window also had a box saying 'get compatible drivers' clicking which connected me to nzone.com/object/nzone_timeshift_downloads where i was promted to download following driver Download ForceWare Driver 163.75 (Vista)
after dowloading the driver i tried to install it but it shows nvidia set up error saying that set up has detected that operating system in use is not windows vista 32 bit. and installation is terminated
i tried to install repetedly
can anyone please help me out
thank you

How old is the HP.
Did you get a recovery disk set with it when you obtained it?
I suggest you get all your drivers and related software from the HP site... they are slightly different than the full download from NVidia, but are designed to work together as a unit.
I suggest you download the entire driver set, then once in hand, remove or disable the old drivers before you install the newly downloaded ones.

I suggest that you consider reformatting the hard drive and starting over, first with the HP recovery set, then install the new downloaded drivers over the top.
Usually this will work, and setup the system that is now being blocked.
Avoid Service Pack 1 for now, until it is working properly... there have been some problems between Microsoft SP 1 for VISTA and the HP setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back