Problems with Partition Magic 8.05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I've been having problems with my laptop computer ever since i used Partition Magic 8.05 to create a new partition to store data.

I use a Dell Inspiron1525 Black V4 laptop computer, with an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 2.0GHz, 2048Mb RAM, HDD 250Gb, display 15.4'' Wide Screen WXGA, with a Windows XP Professional SP3 operating system.

I used Norton Partition Magic to create a new partition on my hard drive. I had no problem using the bootable CD and I managed to create a new logical, NTFS partition. After rebooting i even managed to transfer some files to the new partition but i observed that with some operations my system was rather slow. I tried to scan the two partitions using the Windows Tool (properties, tools, scan disk), but it doesn't work. I don't receive an error message but i can't see any progress with the scan. I've also tried using Tune Up Utilities 2008 but i have the same problem: i can't see any progress with the scanning (and let it try to work things out for about 2 hours, but no change). I can scan the hard drives using a tool from Partition Magic and it tells me that everything is OK and i don't have any bad sectors. This doesn't bother me that much since i can use my computer without any problem for any other type of application, but the real problem is that my computer takes too much time to restart or shut down. After a few restarts, the time reduces but it's still at around 2-5 minutes.

My question is: is there any way for me to fix this problem without having to format my hard disk and reinstall Windows XP and all the drivers (which was sort of a headache since i'm using XP and not Vista)?

Would a Windows restore help, given the fact that i've repartitioned my hard disk?

And last but not least, if i do have format the hard disk and reinstall everything all over again, is there a reliable source of XP drivers for my laptop, I can download, burn on a CD and use after reinstalling Windows?

Great many thanks,

Robert.

Here's all your Drivers for Xp: http://www.khanh.net/blog/archives/...iron-1525-downgrading-from-Windows-Vista.html

Just start with the Xp CD again, and remove the partition fully (probably cluster size is presently incorrect)
Then just load Windows up (it'll automatically create NTFS (no user intervention required)

Also download all the drivers first, extracted to CD (inside their unique folders)

Edit:

And follow raybay's recommendations, or removing the other thread

Thank you for your help!

I am sorry about the double - post but i didn't manage to delete it at first and i thought one of the moderators would do it eventually.

Once again thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back