Problems with the CD/DVD burner

By fashionboyny
Jun 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am currently having a problem with my CD/DVD burner on a Gateway 507GR desktop computer. I have reinstalled the Itunes on my computer. It will burn two CDs then on the third CD will come up with an error message "The attempt to burn a disc failed. There was an unknown error (4000)" after cancelling the disc burn. I have removed the upper and lower filters. I have removed and reinstalled the CD/DVD burner. I have even used the registry cleaner too. I had Nero and Real Player on the computer, too. I have removed both of those programs from my computer, too and had them cleaned out of the registry. Please help me if you can. I have gone to the Apple website and there were no help at all.

HELP!!!! This is getting frustrating!!!
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Run CCleaner, and consider purchasing more Ram.

If you already have lots of installed Ram, then you may need to test it with Memtest (for 7 passes)
  3. fashionboyny

fashionboyny Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Replying to response

I already have the CCleaner on my system. I am going to try the Memtest. Thanks for the information
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.