Problems with Ti4200

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdmk

Well my Ti4200 (64mb) works on my 250W power supply...

And everything is fine...except in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2:

nfshp2.jpg

Is this a software thing, or is it to do with the card? I know that my Ti4200 may be underpowered on my system..(min req is a 350W PSU).

I've seen articles on overclocking where if you push the card too much you get stuff like this...what do you think the problem is?
and could it be doing any damage to my system?

BTW - the card is running on stock speeds..and no other games have shown this...including 3D Mark 2001

BTW2: Running an Athlon 750Mhz on a Gigabyte GA-7IXE, 256 mb ram.
(and only 1x AGP is running - 2X is supported, but I don't know how to change it)

Is there something I'm missing here? Isn't what's on the car just a reflection of the sky?

Look around in your BIOS for the AGP setting. Consult your documentation.

Are any texture settings out of wack? I don't play NFS so I wouldn't know.

Have you installed the agp mini port drivers? if I am not mistaken the board you are using has one of the older via chipsets which reguired the installation of a seperate mini port driver in order to be able to functioon at 4 x these drivers are not part of via'a 4 in 1 driver packages. you can find the miniport drivers at viaarena.com I think it will solve your problem

I am referring to the blue splodges on the bonnet, and also in the sky - which are obvioulsy not supposed to be there.

I'm prretty sure this is a game/driver related issue, but I just want to make sure that its not a sign of my Ti4200 about to croak .:(

I am going to upgrade the PSU (to a cheap 400W - I' on a really tight budget), at Xmas.

BTW - the GA-7IXE doesn'ty use any Via chipsets - its the AMD 751/756 Chipset

hehhe I used to do all kinds of stuff on a 250W PSU....

till it blew....

I don't know if that is your answer, probably not, but in any case I would get yourself a nice 400W PSU if you are a poweruser, anyway....

I'm with Phant, but 350W should do you, unless you are running lots of drives and stuff. Even your 250W is probably good enough with your 750MHz CPU.

What other problems are you having? Is this the only game that is giving you problems.

okay, here's a few things I would do.

check on need for speeds web site to see if anyone else has a similiar problem.

Make sure all drivers for your system is updated, this is including your motherboard drivers, mainly if you have a VIA chipset. This should allow you AGP 2x though why not 4X, maybe your mb doesn't support 4x.

make sure you don't have some graphic options on that shouldn't be?

Also, what Nvidia drivers are you using? You should be using the latest (40.71 WHQL) Nvidia drivers, not the drivers that came with the card.

I love NFS:HP2, it's great. But I never played it with the GF4MX420 I had, I play it with the TI4200 instead.

I just plain kick butt on this game. wish we could record little movies of some of the stuff I do. I've messed the cops up in so many different ways.

nider

Again, the board doesn't have a Via chipset - its the AMD 751/756 chipset.

I am using the latest Detonator's - 40.72

And yes, it is the only game giving me problems like this. I don't really mind having these blue splodges as long as I know that card isn't being damaged.

on your chipset you are positive that you have all AMD not some VIA compaion chips?

Shoot I see my suggestion was already given the VIA chips worked great on my older board, still sucks but that is juse casue I have a old processor.

Well, NFS HP 2 has had some coding problems, it seems to stutter a lot, at least for me, then go very fluid for a minute.

Originally posted by PhatDaddy
on your chipset you are positive that you have all AMD not some VIA compaion chips?

Shoot I see my suggestion was already given the VIA chips worked great on my older board, still sucks but that is juse casue I have a old processor.

Your thinking of the AMD 761 set with the Via Southbridge.

I had the GA-7IXE4 motherboard and was told by Gigabyte that it would not run anything above a GF2MX (as it didn't ever run properly with my GF3). I'm surprised that you have the Ti4200 working in that motherboard. As for the Power Supply, go for a 350w quality power supply rather than a cheap 400w. I'm now running a 2100+, 512mb PC2100, 1 5400rpm 20Gb, 2 x 7200rpm 40Gb, DVD drive, Hercules Fortissimo Sound card and an ATI 9700 Pro (exchanged GF3 + £170 for it). So 350w is plenty.

hmdk, are you using the drivers that Gigabyte has on their website for the northbridge and southbridge chips? I think it could be your powersupply too because if your components aren't getting enough power alot of weird things can happen. When Nvidia says you need a 350W power supply they aren't kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back