Probs with External Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I am new to this site and hope I am in the right place.
Firstly I should point out that my name says it all!! I am ok with comps and running them and anti virus and stuff but the jargon and systems etc I dont get. So any help given, plz explain, thanks.
Ok turned my comp on today and my external wont load at all. Been to device manager and it says USB Mass Storage Device which is my hard drive. However above it there is a yellow explanation mark next to CSIS/RAID Controllers. I dont know what this is but When I right click it and go to properties it says:

'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'

Could this be the problem as it has never done this before?
I run Windows XP and my external HD is 160Gb Freecom Classic Hard Drive. I have uninstalled it and reloaded, nothing changed. I have also tried changing USB ports but yet again no change.
Any help more than welcome,
HOWEVER I should also point out that my external Hard drive has every photo of my son on it from when he was born and I do not want to lose any of this data as I am sure u can understand.
Thanks For reading and thank u sooo much for any ideas, tips and advice given, it is very much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back