TechSpot

Processor changed

By mayzon
Oct 20, 2006
  1. I recently formatted my comp and have been reinstalling all my software. but i have noticed that my processor has changed. it used to be recognized as an amd 2400, but now it changed to an amd1800. any ideas y this happened or how i can fix it?

2. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Try updating the drives you may have the incorrect drive which could cause the system to make a mistake

3. mayzon

mayzon TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have 2 HDD, both diamondmax, 40gig and 250gig. and then i got 1 cd-rom and 1 dvd-rom drive. they were and are both working fine and have the current updates that i know off. i will try to check on it later. but thankz for the idea

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

It would seem at one point the FSB has been reset to 100MHz. The correct speed for the 2400+ is 133x15 ~= 2000MHz, right now it is 100x15 ~= 1500MHz. Have a look in your system's BIOS, try to locate the FSB setting.

5. johnmayo

johnmayo Banned Posts: 61

Did you have it OC'd?

6. mayzon

mayzon TS Rookie Topic Starter

it was the fsb. i guess it changed what i updated my bios. thanks for the tip. but im still having my random restarts, and cant figure it out...

7. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

When you update the BIOS, the first step after rebooting is to go in the BIOS setup & load the system defaults.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.