Processor heating up

hitech0101

I did an intel burn test on standard mode i saw the cpu temperature go up to 101C the normal operating temp is between 45-60C & 41C when idle.I never touched the heat sink/fan except for cleaning purpose for 3 years, Is the paste dry now? I know you have to reapply the paste every time you remove the heat sink but I never removed it just wiped the dust off it.The Processor is Intel Core 2 Duo E7400.

Just an idea you may want to try some other temp software just to make sure it's not getting a false reading. Other wise change the paste and retest..Thats all I got for you.

Rancid~

Try changing thermal compound to a new one. Also make sure that the CPU fan is spinning fast enough. Download Speedfan, It's not that good software and it doesn't shows always correctly, but it's worth to try.

I did an intel burn test on standard mode i saw the cpu temperature go up to 101C the normal operating temp is between 45-60C & 41C when idle.I never touched the heat sink/fan except for cleaning purpose for 3 years, Is the paste dry now? I know you have to reapply the paste every time you remove the heat sink but I never removed it just wiped the dust off it.The Processor is Intel Core 2 Duo E7400.

change the fan in the system....

Back