Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKahuna

hey guys is there a difference between notebook/laptop processors and desktop processors? if so can you give me a link for any notebook processors.

not that i found but i typed in laptop processors on the top search bar of the site and a intel core 2 duo it was 1.8ghz i didnt check if there were any others i just looked quickly

they will usally say mobile technology after the model for amds and for intels core 2 duo's if you see the model name e6300,e6400 and so on those are desktops but if your looking under proccesors catogory on tiger direct they dont show laptop processors on the lists of all those processors thats why i typed in laptop processors on the top searchbar on the site

so anything with Socket 479 is for laptop

i cant find any processors within a reasonable price range so should i just stop looking? all of them that i have seen are less GHz then i already have but are pushing close to $300

Ghz dosnt matter, what is your current processor?

Ok, celeron M, 1.6Ghz, a 1.4Ghz Core Solo or duo will blow it away, and use less power. I reccomend the Mereom Core 2 Duo mobile processor, make sure you Mobo can support it though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Subcategory=343&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

Get the T7200, it is out of stock though, because it has 4MB of L2 cache, it is awesome.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=86134-1&prodlist=pricegrabber

Is a good store and price.

Well, wat model# is your laptop? And that 2Ghz Core 2 Duo will blow away a 7Ghz Pentium 4, just to let you know.

I think your laptop may support them, but only with some slow downs, it has a 400Mhz Bus speed, and the Core 2 Duos have 667Mhz bus speed.

Your chipset is 910GML.

how can i be 100% sure that my mobo will support them?

i have an intel celeron m processor how much better would a core 2 duo be? i want to be able to run the new Americas Army whcih requiers at least 2.4ghz

It doesnt require 2.4Ghz, comparing Ghz, the Core 2 Duo will rank in at about 5-7Ghz, forget the Ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back