Production issues might delay new iMacs until early 2013

By Matthew
Nov 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. If your holiday shopping list includes one of Apple's refreshed iMacs, you may want to start working on a backup plan. According to a "commercial source" speaking with French blog MacBidouille, the updated all-in-ones may not hit shelves until early...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 616   +185

When you're so obsessed with creating two-dimensional electronic devices that its hurting your distribution, you need to back it down a notch. Why exactly does anyone need a 5mm thick all-in-one? Does this <I>really</I> improve the experience for Apple users in any way? I'd say add a couple millimeters and cut your damn prices a bit. With the slow-motion train wreck of Windows 8 and Surface, Apple could rapidly get 30% of the desktop market if they'd just keep their prices within reason - say, within 25% of comparable Windows machines. If they can't or won't do this with iMacs then they could make some new Power Macs aimed squarely at gamers and design professionals. No surcharge for miniaturization needed there! The entire consumer and business world is weary of Microsoft's ever-increasing separation from reality. A reckoning is coming, and <I>somebody</I> will benefit from it. If Cook had any sense he'd be positioning his company to make huge gains. Apple can't ride the iPad/iPhone wave forever..that much is obvious from their latest round of products.
  3. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 616   +185

LOL just hit me I'd said "Power Mac" instead of "Mac Pro". Getting old :)
  4. Waaay overpriced for such weak specs. Oh right, Apple.
  5. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,228   +329

Sexiest all-in-one ever created hands-down. It looks like a very slim screen, hard to imagine a whole monster lurking inside nonetheless.
  6. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,228   +329

That is the cost of innovation, and that's how Apple is trying to position itself on the market - as innovators, not some manufacturer of K-Mart knock-off-s dusting on shelves ;)
  7. Redondo

Redondo Newcomer, in training

Meh... HP's Z1 is still better than these. The only thing new these imacs add is tapered design, a la HTC.
  8. Friction-stir welding, 45% thinner display than before, 5mm edge thickness.. all of these sounds that new product of apple seems to be repair-proof (hard to repair when damaged) :D
  9. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Its Apple, what do you expect? Its the same overpriced crap with a different package. The only innovation Apple has done recently is the innovation of how to defy court orders. What Apple calls Innovation, the consumer market calls repackaging. Apple is hoping its fanboys and sheeple wont notice. Unfortunatly the rest of DO pay attention, so Apple isnt going to pull the wool over my eyes. I compare then shop.
  10. Its not slim, its actually fat with slim edges like the ipad 1, its a nice design, they should ask samsung to redesign for them...lol then its will actually be slim/thin/with ok speed....muahahaha
  11. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 295   +44

Yea I noticed they NEVER show you a pic of the back only the edges and the front.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.