Programmer's forum?

By Tedster
Apr 2, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I suggest a programmers forum for programming questions in any language. This could also include subroutine and algorithm help.
  2. Po`Girl

Po`Girl TS Rookie Posts: 595

I like that idea Tedster.

It might even encourage non programmers to have a go.

We could also dump the completely useless Introduction forum while I`m at it. :grinthumb
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,145   +597

In concept it's fine, but this forum is well focus and adept at it's targeted

Programming is a M A S S I V E field and has 4-5 dimensions so the sub forums
    get really deep -- just look at some of the programming news groups to see how
    pervasive it gets.

Then you get into Client/Server, web, cgi, webservices, dbms, A.I. ...

We dabble in Linux and wink at OS X. I think it would be easier and more credible
    to expand the OS support than to jump into programming
    (even though I had a long career in it).

I recommend we say thank you, but no thanks.
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,022   +612

We already tried it once with no success. There is even more people coming to the boards today, but personally I don't see a need or a fit for that now (once again considering it did not work in the past either).

The introduction board does serve a purpose. I bet that many people wouldn't dare to make a post after registration if it would be for that particular board.