Programmer's forum?

By Tedster
Apr 2, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. I suggest a programmers forum for programming questions in any language. This could also include subroutine and algorithm help.
  2. Po`Girl

Po`Girl Newcomer, in training Posts: 668

I like that idea Tedster.

It might even encourage non programmers to have a go.

We could also dump the completely useless Introduction forum while I`m at it. :grinthumb
  3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,286   +281

In concept it's fine, but this forum is well focus and adept at it's targeted
    audience.

Programming is a M A S S I V E field and has 4-5 dimensions so the sub forums
    get really deep -- just look at some of the programming news groups to see how
    pervasive it gets.

Then you get into Client/Server, web, cgi, webservices, dbms, A.I. ...

We dabble in Linux and wink at OS X. I think it would be easier and more credible
    to expand the OS support than to jump into programming
    (even though I had a long career in it).

I recommend we say thank you, but no thanks.
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

We already tried it once with no success. There is even more people coming to the boards today, but personally I don't see a need or a fit for that now (once again considering it did not work in the past either).

The introduction board does serve a purpose. I bet that many people wouldn't dare to make a post after registration if it would be for that particular board.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.