TechSpot

Project Ara to use a modified version of Android L that will allow most modules to be hot-swappable

By Shawn Knight
Sep 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. During a recent chat at the Linaro Connect Conference, Project Ara director Paul Eremenko revealed quite a bit of news on the status of the modular smartphone concept.

Read more

2. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

Swapping modules with others is the silliest thing I have ever heard. This phone will fail and it will fail hard in developed countries.

3. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 285   +33

wow I see changing sd cards or PC parts or any replaceable parts was a huge failure.

SirChocula and Trillionsin like this.
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,315   +133

This is a great reply. lol

5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,315   +133

You can build your own smart phone dude. Just wait, enthusiasts will go nuts over this stuff.

6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,631   +432

That's a possibility.

7. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,309   +56

I don't know why you would want to play with such small parts altho people built heathkit tvs at one time soldiering in all the parts. Are you extendi9ng microsofts windows 9 idea and using the phones as servers? Not for anyone but the very elite technical people. Phones are too complex now and many features are unused.

8. indeed, I bet OEM's curse every person that doesn't buy prebuilt PC, at least they've won mobile, tablet and partially notbook markets, where to upgrade you need to buy new device

9. No. It's a certainty.