TechSpot

Properties and installer Windows messed up

By not-so-pwner
Dec 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everyone,

I have had this computer for about 2 weeks. I have installed only valve games, TF2 CSS and L4D2, and a few random other programs; Firefox, Open Office, GOM, Adobe Reader X, and recently I was trying to update my drivers for my gpu and the install screen was really messed up. There wasn't any text in some spots, the window was a lot taller than my screen, where there was text it was large and difficult to read. I found that this carried over to the windows folder properties menus and calculator. What are some possible fixes to this problem? Thanks

[​IMG] This is supposed to be the Folder Options menu off of the control panel.

EDIT
    I have restarted my computer several times and booted into safe mode to try to fix it and it never worked, no setting I changed would work or anything. But I just booted into safe mode then restarted and its all fixed.

2. not-so-pwner

not-so-pwner TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Ok, so I just installed something else and all the windows are messed up again. It seems that whenever I open a window or install something, the next time a window is opened everything goes wrong. Is there a fix for this?

I forgot, I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

3. not-so-pwner

not-so-pwner TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Really, no one?