Prt Scn Freezes my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill42

For a month or two now, whenever I press the print-screen button in order to take a screenshot, it just freezes my computer and forces me to restart it. I noticed it sometime around when I disabled driver signing in order to use Virtual Audio Cable, however I re-enabled it just recently and it still freezes my computer. As far as I know my drivers are functioning just fine and I don't have any viruses, though a virus would most likely not be the cause of this.

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit.

If you need any additional information, just ask.

Are there any drivers you think I should update first? I know that my GPU drivers are up to date as I updated them just a week ago.

The drivers that you disabled and re-enabled sounds like you may need to do a complete uninstall and then re-install OR update those drivers. Do you receive any blue screens or system crashes?

I get the occasional blue screen while playing a game, but I don't think much of it as it is not very common. I get it when I play games on max and aparently it's too much for my GPU, but I tone it down a bit and now it's rare.

I get the occasional blue screen while playing a game, but I don't think much of it as it is not very common. I get it when I play games on max and aparently it's too much for my GPU, but I tone it down a bit and now it's rare.

Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back