TechSpot

PS2 online connection problem with ethernet cord

By petey290
May 31, 2008
  1. ok so i just got road runner . use to have dsl and never had any problems with internet crap but ok now for my question i use roadrunner as i said .i do not have wireless internet or a router i only use the easy Ethernet cord from my black box that roadrunner gives you . now i have the phone/tv/internet with them and all of it hooks up into my room but any who when i went to setup my new settings for my ps2 i went threw and but manual for ip address and DNS manual and i put in my ip address netmask my 2 DNS and etc from doing cmd ipconfig/all and got all that info off it and put it in as it should go and than i test my connection for internet on ps2 it work 100% fine that works like within seconds .but when i try to login to get online socom CA at the DNAS sever thing and it waits a while than says the error 612 comes up and say please check your network connection or whatever so i need help on what to do? and yes i put in my ip address and all right i double checked so i do need some help why I'm getting this error

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 8,958   +587

that black box from Roadrunner is a Cable modem. You need an inexpensive Router
    and it would be installed (by you) like this:
    Code:
    modem---router---your PS2 and Computer(s)

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

jobeard has the solution. Error 612 is telling you a DLC (802.2) command TRANSMIT_TEST_CMD (11H) failed with error TRANSMIT_ERROR (23H).

or
    An error code which is not explicitly handled by Host Integration Server has been returned by the DLC driver.

Which means you are not connected.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.