TechSpot

PS2 undeletable corrupted data

By Ablissar
Jan 17, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was playing Ratchet & Clank with my friends, and one of their feet caught a wire and jerked my ps2. WE kept playing, and when they left, I tried to play single player. Only thing is, it said there was no save data, enen though I was halfway through. I tried to save, but it wouldn't let me. I went to browser, and the data was there, next to some corrupted data. I tried several times, and I couldn't delete it. I tried another game, and it worked fine. I have a 16 mb Max memory card.
  2. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Hmm, I do not have a PS2 so I searched around as this seems like a rather simple problem...but it apparently does not have a simple solution (like an easy way to reformat). In some cases I read its just better buying a new memory card if you can't fix it :confused:.

I'll link what I found:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic29553.html
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psx2&message.id=1308087

Maybe someone with a PS2 and more knowledge can add something I didn't find. Good luck, if some of those posts don't help search around more :) .
  3. Ablissar

Ablissar TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. Looks like there's no way around buying a new card.
  4. Rock4MUSIC

Rock4MUSIC TS Rookie Posts: 24

ebay bro^^
  5. Ablissar

Ablissar TS Rookie Topic Starter

I got a new card, and it did nothing. I finally decided to delete my data and start over.
  6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

:( Were you far into the game? Replaying on one game doesn't seem to bad at least.
  7. vectorsigma32

vectorsigma32 TS Rookie Posts: 156

reformat the memory card
  8. arussEVOX

arussEVOX TS Rookie

how to

buy a new memory card and then copy the data you want saved to the other memory card
  9. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

15+ months have passed, and this problem is most certainly resolved or forgotten about...
    You will need a working memory card to save the memory to the other card.
    A reformat of the card will cause loss of the data, but will probably resolve the other problem.
  10. azrulsany

azrulsany TS Rookie

hi, i need help to re-format my ps2 memory card, i've already delete some corrupted user the ps system, but there are still some corrupted file that i can't delete...
  11. prozilos

prozilos TS Rookie

guys i have got tekken 5 from my ps2 i go to my memory card and i saw the corrupted data i check all my game datas and i see the tekken five in the menu to delete it red and all the others was black-blue.Ithink tekken 5 is the problem plz if enywon know aboyt this answer me!!

12. bwarren97

bwarren97 TS Member Posts: 87

?

What did you say?!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.