PS3 Component Video Setting Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLope

I have always had my PS3 plugged into the non-HD TV in my room with no problems. I recently moved it downstairs to my Sony HD TV. After a few days I moved it back upstairs again. Now when I turn it on all I get is a black screen. Before I moved it I changed the Video Settings back to Component but it still isn't working. What is the problem? I know it isn't the cable because i switched it out with another one and it still didn't work. Did I change the Video Settings correctly? It gave me a black screen and then I turned it off and unplugged it. Or is there something else I'm missing?

didnt i read somewhere that you have to hold the power button in for a few seconds when changing tv types....

You switched it to component, but did you drop the resolution? Your component cable is capable of sending a display signal from 480i to 1080p and unlike an HDMI connection it doesn't report back what the display device is capable of. Make sure you drop the resolution to something the upstairs TV can handle - I'd start at 480p (I assume it can support this since the set has component inputs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back