PS3 FAT32 to NTFSWIN

Mamut0o1

Good morning,
I have a 500GB that used to be in my PS3. From what I understand PS3 most have format the Drive in FAT32 that my windows is not able to read. I dont remember if I used a program to format the drive to fat32 or the ps3 system did it for me. The problem that I have is that I'd like to use this drive as an external drive but my WIN7 is not able to format the drive.
Is there a utility or a solution to format this drive so any PC can have access to the drive?
Any help is greatly appreciate it.

Thank You!

Those drives are SATA1 I believe, and would be pretty terrible to put into an external USB dock in my opinion.

St1ckM4n - Maybe if you were putting it in a USB3 dock it would be terrible. But, even SATA 1 is going to be far faster than USB2.

This is true I suppose. It's just that USB3.0 is getting a lot more common now and the speed difference makes babies cry. In the end, it's up to OP's situation.!

Yes, absolutely. I run pretty old hardware because I simply can't afford anything better. So I'm just on the lookout for us poor people. Soon, I hope to not be poor and once again grace the cpus and mobos forum.

Back