PS4 and Xbox 720: why we're in for a long wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its more for those poor xbox owners , the poor souls are probably expecting a next gen console for a while now .

Both systems still dont have a must have title, ie, ps1, crash brandacoot, genesis had sonic, dreamcast tried to adopt sonic, didnt happen, nintendo, first mario games for each system. There shouldnt even be a post on next generation hardware. Some hale gta4 and metal gear as hits for the ps3, but what happened to our mario 64's, our 007's and wave races. Crash bandacoots. Test Drives. Seriously.

Both systems still dont have a must have title, ie, ps1, crash brandacoot, genesis had sonic, dreamcast tried to adopt sonic, didnt happen, nintendo, first mario games for each system. There shouldnt even be a post on next generation hardware. Some hale gta4 and metal gear as hits for the ps3, but what happened to our mario 64's, our 007's and wave races. Crash bandacoots. Test Drives. Seriously.

I strongly disagree , both consoles have must have titles , and with ps3 future releases like , hard rain , mafia II , it will continue to be the case,
As for 007 the last one was crap , gta and metal G S were massive titles , and hugely popular among gamers and your focusing on the few that hated them .

I strongly disagree , both consoles have must have titles , and with ps3 future releases like , hard rain , mafia II , it will continue to be the case,
As for 007 the last one was crap , gta and metal G S were massive titles , and hugely popular among gamers and your focusing on the few that hated them .

GTA4 isnt a must have title, funnest aspect of the game? blowin sh^* up. Say what... Not to mention the rating on the game, not allowing people of all ages to buy it. Metal Gear did well in sales because fans expected it to be great...because its metal gear. Sales on this game was mainly due to franchise history, not word of mouth on how good it was, because it wasnt that great at all.

A "future release," doesnt count as a must have title because the future isnt here yet. All the games I mentioned were in the late 90's, why would you assume "007" wasnt during that same era. Either you're in your late teens still, or you have a bad case of amnesia.

GTA isn't a must have title ? so in your opinion there's no must have titles . a must have title is a matter of opinion , both consoles have very good titles . its up to the individual if its a must have or not , future release or not .

Comparatively speaking no GTA isn't. As you may or may not have noticed the titles I mentioned previously any person, young or old could buy, GTA doesn't fall in that category. That was my point. Today's good games are far and few in between as I know. We both can go on to name many games I'm sure, but the lack luster of content versus eye candy splash and explosions is getting lame. All my friends that own GTA, any of the series. Play it maybe once for the story, then every few weeks play it to blow something up.

So our current consoles will be with us for a while, but its definately not like our 1st,2nd, and even 3rd generation consoles where we own many many games, just as an average gamer.

I look forward to the next generations of games and consoles just as you do I think.

Comparatively speaking no GTA isn't. As you may or may not have noticed the titles I mentioned previously any person, young or old could buy, GTA doesn't fall in that category. That was my point. Today's good games are far and few in between as I know. We both can go on to name many games I'm sure, but the lack luster of content versus eye candy splash and explosions is getting lame. All my friends that own GTA, any of the series. Play it maybe once for the story, then every few weeks play it to blow something up.

your argument regarding GTA is not creditable , must have games must not be future releases or exclude age groups , its easy to score a goal if you keep moving the goal posts . The vast majority of gamers play the story mode of a game once and online if its any good , and then what ? Its served its purpose ? What else do you expect from a game ?

So you're saying that the majority of gta owners play the story multiple times? Oppose to playing the story once, then when playing again just blow up everything?

What else do I expect from a game? To be able to play the story more than once, just as many people do. Maybe your expectations are low or maybe you weren't playing during the time when maybe 5-7 hit games were dropping every year(I dont know how old you are, and you dont have to put that info here) just for one system.

There's a reason why video games sales have dropped, and I just dont mean this passed year and a half in this "recession."

Goal post dont move btw.

Poor xbox owners? We xbox owners are waiting for a next gen console? Honestly I haven't

i've been a major sony fan forever up until this generation of consoles when nothing spectacular was coming out for the PS3 that I wanted...

Whereas the 360 had numerous titles available for it that I wanted

Since i mainly play RPGs Xbox was the better choice

However I will be getting a PS3 mainly for Disgaea 3 and a few other games that I want

Half the time the 'major titles' aren't that great as for GTA4 i tried it couldn't get into it....

I am a major console gamer and the price of the ps3 and the limited variety of games that I play are the main reasons i don't have one yet

I own ps3 i think they need to improve big time before i buy PS4. Pro evolution soccer 2009 gave me so many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back