TechSpot

PSN restart not allowed in Japan until Sony proves it's safe

By Jos
May 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Sony started to re-launch its PlayStation Network service over the weekend in the U.S. and other parts of the globe, following a three-week outage resulting from the hacking of theā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,096   +43

I think the preventative measures will be shown when PSN doesnt go down again. If it goes down again then we'll know the hackers are still at work. No?

3. No, the network has been down because Sony has been investigating/implementing security measures - not because hackers have kept it down. And even if it had been down for so long because of hackers, what's to say they didn't just stop attacking at that time and Sony claimed it was "safe".

4. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195   +24

I appreciate when these top dogs actually come out on camera and say what went wrong and how they are going to fix it. Did he even say he was "sorry" for your data loss?

5. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,096   +43

You said "no," assuming in response to my post... but then you said this (below) ...so apparently you didnt understand what I meant. You agreed with me and should have said "yes."

Anyways... I think I've seen enough PSN articles to last me the rest of the year. Hot topic though for techspot to get some visits.

6. rnldrc22

rnldrc22 TS Rookie

I think somethings doesnt happen without meaning, this will serve to make psn stronger. And if its to make psn more secure, i agree they need to keep psn down as long as needed.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.