PSP games to be downloadable after October 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

With Sony recently announcing the UMD-less PSP Go, this announcement should come as no real surprise, but the company’s social media manager Jeff Rubenstein has confirmed that “just about” every PSP game released in physical format after October 1 will also be available for download on the PlayStation Network. This coincides with the launch date for the PSP Go, which will include 16GB of internal storage, along with expandable memory via a Memory Stick Duo slot.

Additionally, Sony intends to make upgrading to the PSP Go more viable for those with large UMD collections by implementing some sort of good-will program, but those plans have yet to be detailed in any significant way. It’ll still be up to third-party publishers whether or not they want to release past and future titles on the PlayStation Network, but I imagine most – if not all – of them will just get with the program. Currently, the company has only about 35 UMD titles available for download via PSN, ranging from $5.99 to $24.99.

Permalink to story.

Memory Stick Duo is a terrible choice... the max those cards are is 8gb so you can't even double your storage.

Well, just yet another reason to dump Sony by the wayside, teaches them to stick with proprietary formats even after they've lost the battle.

It's not a bad idea. The UMD-less is kinda a neat thing. So you no longer have to carry around a huge case with all your movies and games in it. One thing though is that i think the system itself its bloody ugly. There looks like there was not thought put into the design of it. Oh well maybe a Mark II version would look better. Overall I think it would be worth the buy.

Im sure you will be able to get them up to 32 gigs soon. Digital distribution is the way forward, its good tht sony and microsoft have caught on.

I agree that they should use a format like SD. I see no problem with digital delivery of content. It is the way forward. I do hope the reduction in overheads is passed on the users - lower priced game please.

Its not the digital distribution that I have a problem with, its the DRM I guarantee you its going to come with that I'm complaining about.

And the prices won't be lowered, they will blame the pricing on bandwidth instead of manufacturing, and just like before it will be BS. Get that out of they way and they blame piracy. They will never run out of excuses and only keep rising prices.

its nice.. big screen..and sliding like mobile phone nowadays ei.. well i just hope the ribbon of the lcd wont become the issue... i hate sliding device.. they easily broke in times of usage.. its not a good thing for a gaming device... i still love the old psp looks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back