TechSpot

PSP wont connect to wireless network

By madman_ncfc
Apr 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys
    I just bought a psp today finally got it home from work about half an hour ago and i cant connect to my wireless network
    Her is the basic problem:
    I set up my connection and entered my wireless network key and then tried to connect. but whenever i tried to connect the system gave me an error message
    So i thought that it was probably due to my wireless key so i went onto the routers configuration page and disabled the wireless encryption. i then deleted the connection and went thorugh the wizard again but i still get the same error message the message says:
    "A connection error has occured
    A connection to the access point could not be established
    Check the security settings for the network and try again
    Connection Name:Connection 1
    SSID:Bazire Network"

Any help would be much appreciated as i really would love to get this to connect
  2. mattw

mattw TS Rookie Posts: 117

this may sound silly, but have you flicked the switch of the left hand side of the PSP? this allows a switch between ad-hoc mode and the other mode which i cant remember lol.
  3. madman_ncfc

madman_ncfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

yeah its been flicked
  4. madman_ncfc

madman_ncfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

OK guys you can close this topic now i am currently typing this on my psp!!!
    I don't know if this will help others with the same problem but a good link to follow (well it worked for me!!!) is THIS ONE
    Thanks
    Chris
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.