TechSpot

PSP wont connect to wireless network

By madman_ncfc
Apr 21, 2006
  1. Hi guys
    I just bought a psp today finally got it home from work about half an hour ago and i cant connect to my wireless network
    Her is the basic problem:
    I set up my connection and entered my wireless network key and then tried to connect. but whenever i tried to connect the system gave me an error message
    So i thought that it was probably due to my wireless key so i went onto the routers configuration page and disabled the wireless encryption. i then deleted the connection and went thorugh the wizard again but i still get the same error message the message says:
    "A connection error has occured
    A connection to the access point could not be established
    Check the security settings for the network and try again
    Connection Name:Connection 1
    SSID:Bazire Network"

Any help would be much appreciated as i really would love to get this to connect

2. mattw

mattw TS Rookie Posts: 88

this may sound silly, but have you flicked the switch of the left hand side of the PSP? this allows a switch between ad-hoc mode and the other mode which i cant remember lol.

3. madman_ncfc

madman_ncfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

yeah its been flicked

4. madman_ncfc

madman_ncfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

OK guys you can close this topic now i am currently typing this on my psp!!!
    I don't know if this will help others with the same problem but a good link to follow (well it worked for me!!!) is THIS ONE
    Thanks
    Chris

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.