PSU flickers for half sec and doesn't turn on

i just built this computer, It will not turn on at all...Only time it shows any life is when i turn off the power completely and try to turn it on which it will flicker just like half a second on the PSU..

I just ruled out the PSU because i just bought a new one to check if that was it and did the same thing...(i returned back)

Im still lost tho...

My computer is this
-ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-GIGABYTE GV-R465OC-1GI Radeon HD 4650 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
-CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
-Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2SB 500W ATX12V v2.2 Power Supply

The front panel cords are in there right spot. I dont think its the PSU because of me checking it with a new one.

Please does anyone have any advice on where to go from here...All Parts are brand new other then my dvd-r drive.

Is the motherboard shorting against the case/motherboard tray? Did you use motherboard standoffs and if so, none of them are improperly installed or misaligned in the wrong place? It does sound like you left them out.

Check and double check your PSU's connections, especially the motherboard power connections. It's easy to plug them in the wrong way, given enough force.

You have a short somewhere, it's easy enough to do.
Check the motherboard standoffs as mailpup mentioned, check you've not plugged anything into the wrong place.
1394 (firewire) connectors should not be plugged into USB headers.
The front panel connectors of HP DX2250 PCs should not be plugged into the COM port connector, which has an identical pinout and is in the same location on a DX2300 board ;)

USB headers that are mangled, must not be plugged in.

Back