PSU problems?

By Quantex_rox
Feb 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer has been suddenly, and unexpetidly resetting itself. I think i may be overstressing my PSU, i am running a mini-atx ECS elitrgroup RS428-M754, 2.2ghz amd athlon 64 3200+ oc'd to 2.4, 2 hd's, dvd/cd-rw, nvidia 8600gt, and 5 fans (4 80mm, 1 120mm), all running off the 350w rosewill psu that came free with my 25 dollar case.
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,050   +84 Staff Member

It is very possible that your system requires more power, however, I would be more suspicious of the stability of your PSU. Rosewill is not known for high quality PSU's, quite the opposite in fact.

Invest in a new PSU manufactured by a reliable company :).
  3. Quantex_rox

Quantex_rox Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 152

ya, from the reviews on newegg of my case, most people said the psu burned up within 6 months (mines been going for 1 1/2 years)
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,050   +84 Staff Member

Haha... there's your answer.

Check out some PSU's made by "Sparkle Power Inc.", "FSP Group" or "Silverstone". You can expect a solid, stable PSU from these companies.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.