TechSpot

What's my rig's bottleneck?

By pingpongmury
Sep 20, 2009
  1. I'm wondering what of my components would be causing others to bottleneck.

Current setup:

- BFG tech. 8800GT OC2 (oc'd to 700 Mhz core, 1,000 mhz memory).

- AMD Athlon 5400+ Black Edition (oc'd to 3.0 Ghz)

- 4GB of PQI Turbo ddr2

- ECS c51pvgm-gb motherboard (cheap) oc'd PCI-E Reference clock to 2,925 Mhz

- 550w Rosewill PSU

- x1 Hitachi 250gb, x1 Seagate Barracuda 300gb

- Air cooled w/ x2 80mm exhaust, x2 120mm intake (Scythe Ultrakaze @ 3,000 RPM and 144CFM)

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,909   +91

Hi pingpongmury,
    that's a pretty evenly matched system....so it comes down to what you use the system for. if its gaming then obviously a new GPU would be in order. if multitasking, then a CPU.
    i see two very weak spots though, the motherboard, ECS is not a well built MB. and two, the Rosewill PSU. for the same reason. Rosewill is a Newegg house brand. I have talked with a tech @ newegg and even he called the Rosewill brand a "work in progress"
    just some things to consider. :)

3. pingpongmury

pingpongmury TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 108

thanks for the help... and i didn't find this site and start to be told that the rosewill PSU was a bad choice due to their unreliability until after i built that rig.. and as for the ECS motherboard it was in the Gateway GT5220 that i revamped, that's been at the top of my list to replace, just making sure..

thank's again

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.