PSU switchover issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

philiprabb

Hey guys, I hope someone can help me out, i browsed through the forum but didnt really find an answer to my question.

I'm trying to add a new power supply to my pc so I bought a 400W (as apposed to my old one 266W) and turns out theres this 3-pin cord creature that sticks right next to the 20(4)-pin cord into the motherboard. Now I know it is used to monitor the fan power supply. But the new PSU i got has a 4-pin cord instead of a 3 pin.

I've seen some people suggest that its no big deal if I leave it unplugged, but Im not ready to screw up my pc just yet.

here's how the cord looks like btw:
http://www.gruntville.com/reviews/PSUs/antec_neopower480/page4.php

the one with blue wires.

thanks a billion,
cheers

Look for an adaptor at your favorite store. That's just a general answer. I don't entirely understand your 2 cord configs. That blue cord in the pix looks like a normal 3 pin fan plug. Many times thode 4 pin plugs have a way of plugging into the 4 pin outlets. I just looked at your 2nd post and now I'm wondering if you are talking about thr 4 pin female cpu power connector. Need more information or that is, more precise descriptions of all parts involved and what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back