Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattz

I have a a7s333 mobo and I am going upgrade my proceesor to a 1.0 ghz and MY power supply is only 230wt should I get 400watt or a 350watt or would it work fine .And if I get a 2.0ghz processor in the future should I get a larger power supply ?

i got a p4 2.66 on a 300watt power supply with no problems. So a good quality 300w for a 1 gig should be plenty. Do u have neon and hundreds of fans though? if so best going for a bigger one.

if you get a 2 Ghz i would upgrade. mainstream now would be about a 350 - 400w. go with a higher end like Enermax or Antec. and it all depends on how many fans, drives, lights and all you have. but if its a 1 gig athlon or duron your getting i think what you have now will suffice.

It comes down to you getting a quailty PSU. You can get a generic 350w PSU and it wont be any better then a quailty 200w PSU. So if you do get a 350w, be sure its a name brand such as Antec, or Enermax.

Many people may disagree with me, but I recon for PSU for your current rig is just fine.. I have a generic 250w in my AthlonXP2100+ rig :)

well i got a fairly high end system running on a good 300w no problems, id say 300w is more than enough even for a 2.0gig

Antec PSUs are definitely quality...I hav enever had 1 issue with any that I have owned...my 2 cents...

Power usage problems will occur when you get a top-end vga card. 300W will fine for most average systems, but you will be pushing it when you get a top range ATI RADEON card. Believe me I had to upgrade from a 300W because of a 9700pro but the 9800pro is one hell of a wattage eater.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back