PT800CE-A motherboard bios v1.2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me where I can get the V1.2 bios for the PT800CE-A board. I have problems with my video card and the tech from my video card company says that the card is fine, that it is just the bios that need to be upgraded.

Thanks
Vern

I did and yhe version is v1.0 and when I open it, it's full of ???????????????? and I don't know what to do.

Did you follow the instructions at the top of the page.

I.E IMPORTANT NOTE: Please check the revision of your motherboard found stamped on your motherboard next to the model of your board and check the current BIOS version to assist you in the BIOS file selection before you choose a file.

Regards Howard :)

I am having the same issue. I downloaded BIOS 1.01e for PT800CE-A(PCB:1.0) released 1/25/2005 from the ecs site. I checked the Rev number on my board & made sure that I have the correct BIOS download. I tried both their Flash Utility download & their regular download. Neither one would work.

I tried making a BIOS update boot disk by adding io.sys, msdos.sys, command.com, the bios flashrom update program, and bios image files to the floppy disk & that did not work either.

When I tried their Flash Utility download & I unzipped it, the WinFlash.exe receives an error "Cannot open file". However, all other files will unzip properly.

When I double click the regular BIOS download file 11e.exe, I receive the same ???????? everywhere where every other character should be.

Any ideas on how to get this BIOS updated for this MB? I cannot get any sound from the board & I do not know what else to do. Thank you for your help. :)

I was just able to update my BIOS by downloading the WinFlash.exe from the ecs website. However, I still am unable to get any sound from the PT800CE-a mb. Any suggestions? My speakers work just fine on my Dell. I have only installed the updated drivers from the ecs site. I have the AC97 Audio Configuration program running that is basically packaged with the drivers from ecs. Thanks.

PT800CE-A Horror

Hi, I managed to find BIOS 1.01e for PT800CE-A(PCB:1.0) released 1/25/2005, and used winflash.exe to update my bios on this board, but I cant boot anymore, there is no POST, anyone have any ideas on how I can revert?
I did create a backup of the old bios, but I do not know how to reload it since it will not boot,
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back