TechSpot

Q: How to manage 'invitations'?

By jobeard
Sep 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I see some under Notifications but find no means to decline and thus they just accumulatge. Any suggestions?

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,065   +84 Staff Member

Yeah, it's not too intuitive. If you go to the invite page you should have the ability to click a check box on the specific invite (whether that's a friend, group etc.) Below the invites you'll see the ability to select "accept" or "reject" (the former is selected by default). Then you click "save changes" on the right. I had Shawn send me a friend invite to show you what you should be looking for:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 13,426   +317

yea, knew that - - this is a Group invitation w/o such controls as I see it.

4. jobeard

here's what I see
    [​IMG]

5. Matthew

If you click the Customizers Corner link you should see "Join Group | Decline Invitations" on the top right of the next page (just search the page for the words if you don't see them -- it's small text).

6. jobeard

OMG! Sheez; getting blind as a bat :) sorry for the waste of time.

7. Matthew

No waste sir, glad to help. The whole social aspect of vBulletin is unintuitive at best.

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I don't see social groups link anywhere except if I go my own profile (after I joined one).

9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,443   +220

It isn't all that easy to find, at least for me. At the top of the page when in Forums, click on Quick Links. Find Social Groups in the dropdown menu. Maybe there is an easier way but this is what I found.

10. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

There's no "quick links" on my screen anywhere.

11. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,443   +220

When you have clicked on the "Forums" tab at the top of a TechSpot page, you should see it. If not, try hovering the cursor on the Forums tab to bring up the sub-tabs. Quick Links should be one of them.

If not, maybe there is an issue with your browser. It works with Firefox 7.01 and IE 9. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.