TechSpot

Q9450 oc past 3.5ghz

By DaMak420
Nov 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok.... So... I oc'd my CPU last night to 3.5 GZH Stable.

I ran prime 95 for 20 minutes, and under max load my Core temps never exceeded a highest point of 61 under full load.

I had no BSOD's no stability issues, and continued to play WOW and COD:4 for several hours.

So I decided i wanted to push it further. Instead of a small jump in the OC, I went big.... All the way up to 3.9GZH.

At this point the machine began to POST, but very early in the POST, hung up, and wouldn't move. I turned off the PC, cleared the CMOS, reset my memory voltage to the correct setting, and left it back down at 2.67Ghz for the rest of the night.

I want to push this thing to the limit, and see if I can squeeze out 4.5Ghz+.

This is where I need some help with OC'ing.

I am unsure when I need to change voltage settings, and what the safe range of voltage settings are. I want to be careful, but i want to push it too.

Thoughts?

Regards,

DaMak420
  2. DaMak420

DaMak420 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 227

bump!

Anyone have any info ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.